Friday, September 4, 2009

Vingt Jours

Alright, so here we go.

In twenty days I depart for Besançon, France, where I will be an assistant english teacher at the Lycée Louis Pergaud. I will be living in the school itself, along with five other assistants from Britian, New Zealand, Costa Rica, Italy, and Germany. Already I love my new friends and their strategically placed homes around the world. I sort of feel like I'm not really holding up my end of the bargain though, because not only do I not have a house in some exotic part of the States, (aka NYC) but I don't even really have a home period. I guess I could always invite them back to my dad's house in the amish backwoods of Maryland, but only if I really dislike them. So that will be disappointing. However, I am sort of slim and educated, so I think that should be a nice surprise for them.

I officially have a visa, a plane ticket, and a trip to Paris already planned. Things I don't have include: money, a firm grasp of the french language, and a voltage converter. But I figure by the time I leave France I'll have at least two out of the three. (Probably it won't be the money.)

No comments:

Post a Comment